Admission - Government Reservation Policy
The admission shall be made purely on the basis of Merit subject to the rule of
reservation of the Government of Tamil Nadu.
1) 31% for Open Competition (OC)
2) 26.5% for Backward Classes (BC) other than BC Muslims and
3.5% for Backward Classes Muslims.
3) 20% for Most Backward classes (MBC) and Denotified Communities (DNC)
4) 15% for Scheduled Castes (SC), and 3 % for Arunthathiyars (SCA).
5) 1% for Scheduled Tribes (ST)
The rule of reservation will apply to :
a) 100% of seats in Government Colleges.
However, wherever number of applications from minority communities is less than
50% of total seats, the remaining minority quota shall be filled up following the rule
of reservation. Tamil Nadu native candidates alone will be considered for communal
reservation. Other State candidates will be considered under “Open Competition”.